MIXED MEDIA Journaling and Drawing
Location: Yarmouthport Fire House, 340 Main Street
Instructor: Susan Stranz
Day: Tuesdays (6 weeks) Beginning May 16
Price: Members $144/Non-Members $168
This is a class for those who enjoy drawing and have a basic knowledge of drawing fundamentals. Students will learn ways to incorporate new mediums into their journal entries and finished drawings. Graphite, colored pencil, clayboard, scratchboard, pen and ink, and watercolor are some of the mediums combined and explored. Class consists of a combination of guided group lessons using the various mediums as well as individual instruction. Students work on a wide variety of individual projects and receive critique each week. Students are encouraged to keep sketchbooks or journals to help continue growth of their drawing skills and exploration of new materials. Pre-requisite: “Drawing Fundamentals” class or 4-5 piece portfolio demonstrating competence in basic drawing skills, including depiction of form, value, and basic perspective. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.*This instructor is extremely allergic to fragrance. Please do not wear any fragrance to class. *
- -Artist grade colored pencils:
- Suggested brands, Prismacolor, Faber Castel, Derwent, Koh-I-Noor, or other artist grade colored pencil
- -CANSON classic cream drawing pad 9x 12
- -Artist grade Graphite pencils: HB,3B,6B
- Some suggested brands, Tombow, Staedler, Faber Castel, Derwent, Wolff
- -3 types of Erasers: pink pearl, Staedtler white plastic, kneaded
- -Sakura Pigma Micron Pen, black size 01
- -Journal and or sketchbook (various samples will be shown during first class and can be ordered later if you are not sure what to use)
Optional but welcomed–
- –Artist grade watercolors in red, blue, yellow, small round brush, and any other watercolor supplies you normally use.
- -Any other types of pencils you enjoy using such as watercolor pencils, Inktense, Graphitint, pastel pencils, etc.
- -Additional ink pens and colored inks
- -Sketch books, journals, other varieties of paper/boards, clayboard, and scratchboard
Susan holds an M.S. in Education and is a graduate of Rhode Island School of Design. She is also a Copley Artist Member as well as a CCAA Master Artist Member. She currently teaches Watercolor Painting and Drawing at local colleges and art centers. Susan is a member of the National Watercolor Society, the Cape Cod Art Association, Cape Cod Waterworks, the Cultural Center of Cape Cod, National Society of Botanical Artists, and Signature Member of Rhode Island Watercolor Society.