Instructor: Odin Smith
Day: Wednesdays (six weeks) Beginnings April 5
Price: Members $96/Non-Members $126
Become familiar with the techniques to best use this exciting medium. Learn to use stronger values, better composition, and more dynamic color to give your work strength, depth and interest. Instructor works with students at their own pace and level of ability. Work on individual projects with class exercises, demos and personalized instruction. Beginners to intermediates will learn to use this expressive medium to bring light and life to their paintings, and most importantly, bring a sense of self to their work.
(Acrylic Paint colors)
- Titanium White
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Orange Light
- Cadmium Red Deep
- Ultramarine Blue
- Phthalo Blue (green shade)
- Phthalo Green (blue shade)
- Burnt Sienna
- Dioxazine Purple
- Primed Canvas or primed Masonite Board
- Medium Grade Acrylic or Oil Paint Brushes, # 2, #6, #8, #10, #12 to start
*(A.C. Moore and Michaels have good inexpensive brushes. Do not buy the lowest quality brushes. They fall apart in your painting.)
- Palette- I use an inexpensive “Glad” plastic covered casserole container, approximately 9” X 12” (Grocery store) with an 8” X 11” “Miracle Sponge” (A.C. Moore)
- Pallette Paper or Parchment Paper (Grocery store) cut to size
- Paper Towels
- Container for water
- Several of your own photos (no magazine cuttings!) to use for reference, or objects for still life
The object here is to put together good, mid-grade supplies at a minimal cost.
Odin has won several awards and has shown many juried exhibitions, including the PPSCC National Juried Exhibition, the “Women Creating” show held at the Cahoon Museum of Art, the Leo Diehl Exhibition, and the All Cape Cod Art Show to name a few. Also a professional illustrator, with experience in magazine and book cover illustration. Odin is a past president and continued member of the Guild of Harwich Artists, a member of the Creative Arts Center and an Artist Member of the Cape Cod Art Association.