ONLY ASSOCIATE MEMBERS MAY APPLY TO BE JURIED
Dues for Associate Membership is $55 for the calendar year.
Call the office to sign up for Portfolio Review (508)362-2909. Space is limited and on a first call basis. Portfolio Reviews are held on Tuesdays for Fine Art and Fridays for Fine Art Photography. See below for 2017 dates. Your portfolio may be brought to the Gallery at least 24 hours prior to the Review Day from 9AM–3PM. You must sign up at least 48 hours in advance of a portfolio review date. Works for Fine Arts & Photography judging must be brought in at least 24 hours in advance.
Fees for Portfolio Review:
- First Attempt: Members: $20
- Any Repeat Attempts: Members: $10
The judges look for consistency of quality; one or two paintings of a lesser quality can disqualify the candidate. Unsuccessful candidates are encouraged to take a year of serious study before reapplying.
CANDIDATES ARE TO SUBMIT:
• 5 original works in the same medium showing consistency of technique.
• All work must be created within the last 3 years.
• A Biography with Artist’s Statement.
• Work cannot be a copy of another artist’s work and must be the artist’s own composition.
• A magazine or newspaper photo may not be used as the subject.
• Work must be composed, started and completed exclusively by the artist with minimal instructor’s critique and supervision.
• Work must be framed and, if applicable, matted; the jurors would like to see how you would intend to sell in our gallery.
A panel of jurors will judge this submitted work and provide you with a decision and feedback.
Sculptors may bring 2-5 pieces to the gallery. However, if bringing less than 5, the balance should be represented by portfolio, CD’s or website images (two views of each sculpture) to be viewed by the judges.
The decision of the judges will be mailed to you immediately following the review. Office staff does not have access to jurors’ results. Your work should be picked up on that Friday, between the hours of 12PM – 3PM.
If you are juried in, you will be considered juried in for life and will not have to go through a portfolio review again unless you decide to pursue a Master Artist designation.
UPCOMING PORTFOLIO REVIEW DATES:
Fine Art Painting & Sculpture:
- 2017: February 7; March 7; April 4; May 16; June 20; July 18; August 8; September 5;
October 10; November 7; December 12
Fine Art Photography:
- 2017: February 10; March 10; April 7; May 19; June 23; July 21; August 11; September 8; October 13; November 10; December 15
Master Artist Designation – Click the link for a Master Artist Application:Master_Portfolio_Review 2017
- 2017: March 15 and September 20