ONLY ASSOCIATE MEMBERS MAY APPLY TO BE JURIED
Dues for Associate Membership is $55 for the calendar year.
Call the office to sign up for Portfolio Review (508)362-2909. Space is limited and on a first call basis. Portfolio Reviews are held on Wednesdays for Fine Art and Fridays for Fine Art Photography. See below for 2016 dates. Your portfolio may be brought to the Gallery at least 24 hours prior to the Review Day from 9AM–3PM. You must sign up at least 48 hours in advance of a portfolio review date. Works for Fine Art judging can be brought in up until 12PM on the Wednesday of the portfolio review day. Works for Photography judging must be brought in at least 24 hours in advance.
Fees for Portfolio Review:
- First Attempt: Members: $20
- Any Repeat Attempts: Members: $10
The judges look for consistency of quality; one or two paintings of a lesser quality can disqualify the candidate. Unsuccessful candidates are encouraged to take a year of serious study before reapplying.
CANDIDATES ARE TO SUBMIT:
• 5 original works in the same medium showing consistency of technique.
• All work must be created within the last 3 years.
• A Biography with Artist’s Statement.
• Work cannot be a copy of another artist’s work and must be the artist’s own composition.
• A magazine or newspaper photo may not be used as the subject.
• Work must be composed, started and completed exclusively by the artist with minimal instructor’s critique and supervision.
• Work must be framed and, if applicable, matted; the jurors would like to see how you would intend to sell in our gallery.
A panel of jurors will judge this submitted work and provide you with a decision and feedback.
Sculptors may bring 2-5 pieces to the gallery. However, if bringing less than 5, the balance should be represented by portfolio, CD’s or website images (two views of each sculpture) to be viewed by the judges.
The decision of the judges will be mailed to you immediately following the review. Office staff does not have access to jurors’ results. Your work should be picked up on that Friday, between the hours of 12PM – 3PM.
If you are juried in, you will be considered juried in for life and will not have to go through a portfolio review again unless you decide to pursue a Master Artist designation.
UPCOMING PORTFOLIO REVIEW DATES:
Fine Art Painting & Sculpture:
- 2016: January 13; February 10; March 9; April 6; May 11; June 8; July 6; August 10; September 7;
October 12; November 9; December 7
Fine Art Photography:
- 2016: January 15; February 12; March 11; April 8; May 13; June 10; July 8; August 12; September 9; October 14; November 11; December 9
Master Artist Designation – Click the link for a Master Artist Application:Master_Portfolio_Review 2016
- 2016: March 16 and September 21