Note this page is for reference only. All current information is on the new Camera Club Site
Our plans this year, are to have competitions among our members for color and black & white prints, color slides and projected digital images. Look in the meeting schedule tab for a complete listing of dates. Members will be awarded ribbons for first, second, and third places, as well as honorable mentions.
For a schedule of club competitions and categories, see the meeting schedule
To view award winning entries Click Here
For a comprehensive set of competition rules Click Here
Digital Projected Image Competition
1. Digitally projected images must be submitted as JPEGs and received by midnight the Monday before the competition. Email them to email@example.com
2. Digitally projected images should be 1024 pixels wide (maximum horizontal allowed dimension) or 768 pixals tall (maximum allowed vertical dimension) JPEG images. Images may be entered in each of three categories but no more than 2 per category. Remember, total of three digital & printed images combined are allowed.
The file naming convention is “image title – category – makers first initial and last name”
Example: Gee Whiz – O – BSinger …where “Gee Whiz” is the title for an Open category image by Bob Singer. Note dashes, NOT underscoring lines — are used to separate the three file name segments. No underscores should separate words, just dashes for segments. You should NOT include your competition class in the title (this may change in the future, but we’ll give lots of notice).
If you need instructions on how to save your digital images and correct size:
- Bring your print entries with you, but early enough to enter that evening before the meeting begins.
- These must be matted and properly labeled on the rear. (Yes, they may be clear-bagged to protect the matted from labels).
- Labels are available at the entry table prior to the meeting if you do not yet have any.
- The only acceptable size is 16×20 including mat (or drymounted without mat).
- NOTE: You are allowed to enter up to 3 images, but no more than 2 images per category.
We’re excited to announce that we will enter competitions with other camera clubs through the New England Camera Club Council (NECCC) in pictorial and nature categories. Our panel of judges will select the best of our images from the member competitions to send to the interclub competitions. We will occasionally host the judging of an interclub competitions where you have a chance to see first-hand the work of clubs from around the region.
2013 Tri-Club Competition
The 5th Annual Tri-Club Competition was held at the Falmouth Art Center on October 30th, 2013 at 6pm. The event was hosted by the Upper Cape Cod Camera Club. The Falmouth Art Center is located in the Falmouth Artist’s Guild at 137 Gifford Street, Falmouth. For directions click here As in the past, there are 25 categories in the competition. For a printable list of the categories, please refer to the details page
Results of the competition and a gallery of our entries can be found here
Image of the Year
The Image of the Year competition takes place at years end. Check our calendar for the exact date. All ribbon winning images from the year’s competitions may be entered. Then a rejudging to determine the best photos from each catagory.